The 40th IEEE International Conference on Distributed Computing Systems (ICDCS 2020) invites submissions of workshop proposals on all the topics covered by the conference (http://icdcs2020.sg/cfp.html). Workshop proposals that advance the field of distributed computing systems to new directions in distributed machine learning, blockchain, container technologies, edge computing, serverless computing are especially encouraged.
A workshop proposal submission consists of a descriptive proposal that is not more than 3 pages in length and contains the following information:
- Title of the workshop
- The names, postal addresses, phone numbers and e-mail addresses of the proposed workshop organizing committee. This committee should consist of at least two persons knowledgeable in the technical issues to be addressed by the workshop
- A brief technical description of the workshop, identification of specific technical issues, focus, and justification of its timeliness
- A brief description of the review process
- Resources required, such as one day or half day workshop, expected number of attendees (room size), whether a panel setup is needed, etc.
- A tentative call for papers with important dates (submission of papers, notifications, potential program committee members, potential speakers or keynotes etc.)
- Information about the previous edition of the workshop (if any) including:
- History and frequency of the workshop
- Previous conference co-locations
- URLs, if available
- Approximate attendance
Acceptance will be based on an evaluation of the workshop’s potential for generating useful results, the timeliness of and the expected interest in the topic, and the proposers’ ability to lead a successful workshop.
Organizers are expected to perform advertising in related communities, to create and maintain the workshop website, arrange for the collection and refereeing of submissions, and to coordinate the collection and delivery of camera ready material and IEEE copyright transfers. The final workshop papers are limited to 6 pages (or 8 pages with over-length charge).
Shadi Ibrahim, Inria, France
Zheng Qin, A*STAR Institute of High Performance Computing (IHPC), Singapore
Workshop Proposal Submission
Please submit workshop proposals as a PDF attachment to Dr. Shadi Ibrahim (shadi.ibrahim [at] inria.fr) and Dr. Zheng Qin (qinz [at] ihpc.a-star.edu.sg) via email.
|Workshop Proposal Submission:||December 1, 2019|
|Workshop Proposal Notification:||December 10, 2019|
|Workshop Website linked from ICDCS 2020 home:||December 31, 2019|
|Notification of paper acceptance:||on or before April 3, 2020|
|Camera-ready paper submissions:||April 17, 2020|